What's On My Mind

 I thought I would like a place to publish whatever is on my mind.  I am not going to cater to any crowd intentionally.  But I have biases. 

I used to blog a lot about a decade ago. I had a few hundred readers on a regular basis and a few thousand on some of my more popular blogs.   But that was then, and now is now.  So, what is different.  Back then, they judged my blog by how much sense I was making and how much I was bringing with my words.  Now, readers will try to identify my bias and decide if I am in their tribe or if I am one of the others.   The merit of my ideas doesn't matter much these days.

Most people just take the side their tribe takes.  If they decide I am on their team, then they listen and agree without examining my thoughts, or unfortunately, their own.  

So let me tell you what team I am on.  The human team.  Humanoids.  Homospapieans. I would like to say I am a humanist.  I'm an Independent politically.   Okay, but what you want to know if I lean left or right.  Left most of the time with a touch of libertarian for flavor.   But I am often toward the center, and yes, it gets lonesome.  And, I usually am close enough to the center that I get liberals and conservatives upset with me.

One group I am not with, trumpiods.  Trumpoids are a cult.  I grew up in a cult: the church of christ.  Ugh.  It took me a long time to free myself of that cult and it still messes with the way I see life, especially women and sex.  But, we will hit that another time.  I sympathize with trumpoids because I know how hard it is to see you are in a cult when you are in it ... and I know how tough it is to get out of cult, which is understandable since you don't even recognize it is a cult. 

And, a final perspective, from Perpexility an AIIn recognizing the complexities of human nature and the diverse spectrum of political and social beliefs, it's essential to acknowledge that every individual's perspective is shaped by a unique combination of experiences, education, and personal values. While I've shared my stance on various issues, emphasizing my humanist and politically independent views, it's crucial to understand that the essence of humanism lies in empathy and respect for differing viewpoints. True dialogue and progress stem from our ability to listen, learn, and sometimes agree to disagree, without diminishing the humanity of those who hold opposing views. This approach does not mean compromising on core values but rather embracing the complexity of human society and striving for a more inclusive conversation. In this spirit, I extend an olive branch to those with whom I disagree, inviting open, respectful, and constructive dialogue. Let's remember that beneath the labels and affiliations, we share a common humanity that deserves recognition and respect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump Has Dementia

Do Any of Our Politicians Feel Their Connection to Humanity